Technology has helped improve the outdoorsman’s life in many ways. One excellent tool that has garnered attention is fish finders.
The latest fish finders come with apps for various smartphones.
These fish finders also may come with a bobber or a primary drag along the sphere. Instead of sending signals to a bulky monitor, the bobbers synch up with your smartphone.
This article will give a more detailed and more accurate look at what’s going on beneath the water. The more accurate this is, the better you know if you’re in the right place or not.
Being able to run everything from your smartphone is helpful in many ways. It makes it much easier to see what’s going on under the surface.
These app-based fish finders prevent the need for messing around with wires and sensors on the old models.
Read on to learn more about the best fish finders for smartphones and tablets!
No Time to Read? Check Out Our Top Picks!
1- Deeper PRO+ Smart Sonar Fish Finder with Gps for Kayaks and Boats
Produced by Deeper Smart, the black 2.55 inch Sonar PRO+ is one of the top models out there when it comes to a reliable fish finder that works with your smartphone.
This fish finder can work 5.5 hours on a single charge in both freshwater and saltwater. The Deeper Smart’s dual-frequency sonar makes a handy fish finder that works with virtually any smartphone.
Deeper Smart’s fish finder also comes with a Wi-Fi connection. This allows for reliable data transmission, and this model can be used with a tablet in addition to a smartphone.
- Versatile, wireless, castable fish finder for avid anglers, with an emphasis on shore fishing
- Find fish and hot-spots faster. See fish location, their size, and suspended depth as well as underwater structure, vegetation, bottom contour, and hardness. Know water depth and temperature.
- Built-in GPS enables you to create bathymetric maps from the shore. Enjoy free access to Lake book, Deeper’s bathymetric management platform, where you can save, review, and analyze all of your maps on any device from the comfort of home.
- Casts up to 330ft and scans down to 260ft. It operates with dual-beam sonar frequency, 55° wide beam (90kHz), and 15° narrow beam (290kHz).
- Generates its Wi-Fi signal to sync with your smartphone, anytime, anywhere. Pairs with the free, easy-to-use Deeper App, updated monthly. Compatible with iOS and Android devices. Made in Europe. 24/7 customer support.
2- ReelSonar Wireless Bluetooth Smart Fish Finder
The smart fishfinder by iBobber uses wireless Bluetooth connections and can be attached to both Android and iOS devices. The app to download the software is free.
The iBobber also has a 10-hour battery life.
This Fish Finder stands out as being designed to hold up for the most serious of marathon anglers.
While it can be used in any capacity, this fish finder has made a reputation as one of the best in the business for specific niches.
These niches include kayak fishing, fishing off the docks, or fishing from the shores.
Because of its bobber shape for the sensor, traditional shallow water areas like those mentioned above are no problem for this model.
If the fish are there, it will find them and show you where to lay that next cast.
- Patented sonar fish I.D. Technology
- Optional fish attractor built-in (fish siren)
- Sonar readings 4ft – 135ft deep
- Rechargeable Battery, 10+ hours of Use
- Connects to iOS/Android devices using Bluetooth 4.0 and up using the free app
3- Deeper START Smart Fish Finder – Castable Wi-Fi fish finder
Choosing the best of the best smartphone fish finder was difficult with so many good ones, but in the end, the portable fish finder by Deeper Smart has to take that spot.
Compatible with all types of smartphones in addition to most tablets, this inexpensive model looks good in sheer black, works in virtually all water conditions, and is compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
In addition to these benefits, this is a castable depth finder with an eco sounder that can give a wide variety of informational feedback and help anglers not only know what their area looks like but suggest other spots if it’s not panning out.
There’s a lot to like about this model that provides all the services an angler needs without muddying up the waters with too many bells and whistles, all at an affordable price.
Wrapping it Up
That concludes this fishfinder for smartphones review; we hope it helps you to choose the right one for your needs.
See you on the water!